Sunday, November 23, 2008

Friendly Cthulhu

Cthulhu Amigurumi


H.P. Lovecraft's mythical creature, now pocket sized and huggable. The pattern is from Christen Haden's book Creepy Cute Crochet (which also features adorable amigurumi ninjas, zombies, and monkeys). He's made from some leftover yarn from a tea cozy I knitted. Christen recommends using poly-pellets in his base to keep from being top heavy, but I didn't have any around, so I sewed up a little scrap fabric bag full of rice to weigh down his bottom. His eyes are polymer clay, she describes how to make them in the book. He was a quick and easy stash busting project, and I'll definitely be making some of the other patterns from the book.

2 comments:

  1. It is so adorable. It makes me wish I knew how to knit or crochet. I need a little Cthulhu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nix! If you're going to learn to crochet, amigurumi like Cthulhu are awesome projects for practically instant gratification.

    ReplyDelete