Thursday, October 2, 2008

scrappy

Whew, the variety of scrapbooking supplies sure is exhausting. I got lost in Michael's land-o-scrap. I was intrigued by Martha Stewart's craft line, I hadn't seen it before. Finally the masses can get their own bone folder.
I still can't wrap my head around all the stick on lettering, cutout machines, themed papers, stamps, stickers, embellishments... yikes. I've been avoiding that whole section of the craft store for years. I used to make scrapbooks when I was younger, but they consisted simply of pictures and memorabilia glued into a book that came with the paper already in it. Maybe if I was feeling creative, I'd cut the pictures in a fun way or write something witty underneath. So I'm trying to stay simple, and not buy into the mass market of scrapbooking paraphernalia. I bought a classic imitation leather book and old fashioned stick-on picture corners. I'm going to set my photos free from the boundries of flickr, wish me luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment