Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fall Craftastic

I've been a crafting machine the past two months. My creations include:

Minnie costume

My niece's Halloween costume. A friend picked up hairclip Minnie ears in Disney World, and so the costume was inspired. The dress is Simplicity pattern 2460 and the bloomers are Simplicity 7189.

Bubble batter bowl


A bubble paint batter bowl I made at Clay Dreaming's paint your own pottery studio. I had a terrific time there, and I'm seriously considering taking their introductory throwing class in the near future. (Like I need another hobby, I know.)


Our Renaissance Faire costumes. My dress is Mccall's pattern M6097 and the french hood from Simplicity 2589. My capelet was my own design. Dan's coat I made several years ago for another costume, but it worked wonderfully for his plague doctor outfit. It was made with Rocking Horse Farms men's coachman coat pattern from Smoke and Fire Company. Dan's mask is my design, inspired both by historic references and recent video games.

Faux leather belt bag


Craftster steampunk swap items. I ended up swapping with another partner after my first one. The faux leather hip bag is a modified version of Matt's Map Bag from One Yard Wonders. I added waist and leg straps of my own design to make it perfect for my partner's steampunk courier character. I also made a magic braid bracelet, ballet style slippers, and a steamy necklace for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment