With only a few weeks left until International Steampunk City Waltham, I've been busy making costumes. I have something I could wear in a pinch, but hubby had nothing at all, so I got his ensemble together first.
For his waistcoat I used Simplicity pattern 2895. The welted pockets nearly ground the whole project to a halt, but once I worked through that little problem, the rest was a breeze.
The gun is a repainted toy store find (see before and after pics), and the holster is my own design, made from scrap leather from the upholstery shop at work. It hangs on a belt and also fastens around the thigh. The wing embellishment is borrowed from our own jolly roger design.