Monday, January 30, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Fudge

Peanut Butter Cup Fudge











 

 I was the lucky winner of the Swerve Sweet-stakes on their Facebook page. I shared my New Year's resolution to keep off the pounds I lost in 2011, and lucky me, I get help doing just that with my winnings: a year's supply of Swerve!
Sunday we had some friends over for dinner, so I had my chance to try out Swerve for the first time. I got home from a day of shopping, and had picked up some peanut flour while we were out. I wanted to make a quick, no bake dessert, because we were hungry and I needed to get dinner in the oven. I thought of the fudge recipe that my grandfather used to make for us grandkids when we were little. The original recipe called for a whole pound box of confectioners sugar! My new version is sugar free and low carb, but just as delicious as the fudge of my childhood memories.

Peanut Butter Cup Fudge
Low carb, sugar free 

Peanut butter layer
1 1/2 cups natural chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup peanut flour (PB 2 powdered peanut butter)
3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Style 
1/2 cup butter, melted

Chocolate layer
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Style
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 

Combine peanut butter layer ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Spread in a 8x8 square baking pan. Put in the refrigerator to chill while you make the chocolate layer. 
Combine chocolate layer ingredients in a medium size microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high about 1-2 minutes, or until butter is melted.  Stir until smooth. 
Remove peanut butter layer from refrigerator. Pour chocolate layer on top and spread over the surface evenly. Return to fridge and chill until set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares and enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment