My tank girl is finally off the needles, just in time for warmer weather. It's drying right now, pictures to come. (Edited to add picture).
Woo-boy, I never thought I'd finish it. I finished the first half in no time, but then I got bored and put it aside for 6 or so months. I finished the second half of it a week or so ago, then seamed it up. Somehow I managed to a)make the back piece wider than necessary, b)make the straps too short, and c) seam it up lopsided so one armhole was bigger than the other. Good thing I didn't realize all these things at the same time, or I may have just given up. First I figured out the strap length problem, so I ripped the seams and lengthened the straps. Then, once I could actually try it on, I figured out the other two problems, ripped out one of the side seams and re-did it so the whole thing was even, and then made the front the back because it fit better that way (too wide back = more room for chest on front, which was actually a happy accident). I added some crochet edging along the neckline, and voila! Now I hope it fits its intended recipient, fingers crossed.